New survey shows a disturbing trend: Most Americans have no clue what is in the Constitution
September 15, 2017 - Daily Kos
UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION | LII | Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School
This page is mostly United States Government.
For an extensive list of international government bodies and agencies,
go to the United Nations | Regional Organizations | IGOs and/or
International Affairs/Law | Governments sections of the Global Digest
Also, there's a section on Government & Media Watchdogs.
Major Savings and Reforms - Budget of the U.S. Government - Fiscal Year 2018
Senate Republicans Reveal Long-Awaited Affordable Care Act Repeal Bill | June 22, 2017 - NPR
"Larry Levitt, a health policy expert at the Kaiser Family Foundation, summed up his thoughts on the bill on Twitter on Thursday:
'In broad strokes, the Senate bill is just like the House: Big tax cuts, big cut in federal heath spending, big increase in the uninsured.'"
Databases, Archives, and Web Sites
- GlobalChange.gov | U.S. Global Change Research Program
- Welcome to the Federal Depository Library Directory (FDLD) | Cataolg of U.S. Government Publications
- FDLP: Federal Depository Library Program
Federal depository libraries must offer free, public access to their Federal collections, even if the depository library is part of a private academic institution. In addition, information specialists are available at these libraries to assist the American public to locate Federal information.
- Stephen S. Clark Library | University of Michigan
The Clark Library combines our map collection, government information center, and spatial and numeric data services. This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code).
- National Archives and Record Administration
- DATA.Gov | The home of the U.S. Government's open data
Here you will find data, tools, and resources to conduct research, develop web
and mobile applications, design data visualizations, and more.
- GovTrack.us - Tracking the United States Congress
Track bills in Congress, your representative’s voting records, upcoming committee meetings, and get alerts by email.
- Government & Geographic Information and Data Services | Northwestern University Library
This unit has been a federal depository library for more than a century and features such materials as Congressional reports and hearing transcripts, census information, statistics and studies generated by federal agencies, and presidential papers.
- FedStats - Your Window into US Federal Statistics
- LII | Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School
Submit your comments on proposed regulations and related documents published by the U.S. Federal government. You can also use this site to search and review original regulatory documents as well as comments submitted by others.
Provides up-to-date news about more than 340 departments and agencies of the U.S. government, most of which operate under the radar of the media, even when they have annual budgets of billions of dollars. AllGov tells you what each agency says it does, what it really does, and who is making a profit from the agency. It also gives a history of the agency, illuminates controversies relating to the agency and shares critiques and suggested reforms from both the left and the right.
- Govspot | US Government, State Government, Congress, etcetera
- LLSDC: Law Libraries Society of Washington, D.C.
- Library of Congress
- The WWW VL: Logisitcs: U.S. Government and Military Logistics
- OpenCongress - 112th Congress - Track bills, votes, senators, and representatives
Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 (Enrolled as Agreed to or Passed by Both House and Senate), signed by President, 12/8/03
- Vote-Smart Org
"Project Vote Smart tracks the performance of over 13,000 political leaders. President, Congress, Governors, State Legislatures"
- SunSITE-based Government Documents
- Argus Clearinghouse --- Guides
- List of Legal Abbreviations
- Environment & Society Internet Research Guide
- Fedworld | Gateway to over 100 U.S. Government Bulletin Boards
- FirstGov - The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal
- Library Resource Guide for Federal Government Information | Brown University Library
- State Policy Network
State Policy Network (SPN) is the professional service organization for America's state-based, free market think tank movement.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Links to Government Servers and
Electronic Freedom Foundation
- Tile.Net: LISTS
government related mailing lists, newsgroups and FTP sites.
- Identifying Federal, State and Local Government Bodies
- GPO Access: The Federal Bulletin Board
- Search and View FULL TEXT of Supreme Court Decisions issued between 1937 and 1975
- LII: Supreme Court Collection Home | Recent Decisions
- Federal Employees News Digest
News and Resources for Federal and Postal Employees
- USIA | United States Information Agency
"The United States Information Agency is an independent foreign affairs agency within the executive branch of the U.S. government."
- Infomine | Scholarly Internet Resource Collections
Searchable government index from the U. of California, Riverside.
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Subject Catalogue
- Government Information Via the Web | Schaffer Library - Union College
- U.S. Government Information in Electronic Format | The Newark Public Library
- Jane's Information Group
Information Group is the ultimate source for information in the world on the
subjects of defence, geopolitics, transport and police."
U.S. & International Government Military, Intelligence & Law Enforcement Agency Access
- Library Without Walls Project | LANL Research Library
- List of Federally Funded Research and Development Centers
- Federal R&D Project Summaries
- Smithsonian Institution
- NTDB | National Trade Data Bank
- Federal Grants Wire
A free resource for federal grants, government grants and loans
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Census Bureau
- National Institute of Standards
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Accredited MSW Online Programs: Master of Social Work Degrees
- National Institutes of Health
"Comprised of 24 separate Institutes, Centers, and Divisions, the NIH is one of eight health agencies of the Public Health Service which, in turn, is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."
- National Geophysical Data
"The National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) manages
environmental data in the fields of marine geology and geophysics,
paleoclimatology, solar-terrestrial physics, solid earth geophysics, and
glaciology (snow and ice). In each of these fields NGDC also operates a World
Data Center (WDC-A) discipline center."
- National Archives and Records Administration
is the government agency responsible for overseeing the management of the
records of the federal government. NARA ensures, for the Citizen and the
Public Servant, for the President and the Congress and the Courts, ready
access to essential evidence that documents the rights of American citizens,
the actions of federal officials, and the national experience."
- Yahoo: Government
top-level search on the word 'government' from Yahoo's Home Page will yield some interesting
- Government (Einet
- The Worldbank
- Electric Power Research
"Created by U.S electric utilities in 1973, EPRI is one of
America's oldest and largest research consortia, with some 700 members and an
annual budget of about $500 million. Linked to a global network of technical
specialists, EPRI scientists and engineers develop innovative solutions to the
world's toughest energy problems while expanding opportunities for a dynamic
- NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION
- National Heritage Areas
- National Wetlands Inventory Program
- Foundation Center
Center is an independent nonprofit information clearinghouse established in
1956. The Center's mission is to foster public understanding of the foundation
field by collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information on
foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects. The audiences that call
on the Center's resources include grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers,
policymakers, the media, and the general public."
- Better Business Bureau
There is a separate, more extensive page on Native America.
- "A Good Day to Die" | A Film about Dennis Banks and the American Indian Movement
- "A Good Day to Die" | Documentary Trailer - YouTube
- "A Good Day to Die" | Loris Sofia Gregory | Beautiful Necessity
"In 2009-10, I served as an archival researcher to track down photos, film footage and secure licensing and rights for A GOOD DAY TO DIE, a documentary focused on the life story of Dennis Banks, an Ojibwe born on the Leech Lake Reservation in Minnesota in 1937."
- AIM: American Indian Movement Official Website
- Welcome to Indians.Org
- NARF: Native American Rights Fund
- U. S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Tribal Government and Native American Resources
- Native American Tribes and the U. S. Government
- Welcome to the Tribal Court Clearinghouse
- Native American Peoples
- Maps of United States Indians by State
- Guide to Research in Native American Religions | University of Illinois
- Vision Maker Media
Vision Maker Media shares Native stories with the world that represent the cultures, experiences, and values of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Indian Country - Today Media Network
- Native American Lore Index Page
- Native American Languages Net
- Native American Home Pages - Music and Art
- American Indian Library Association Home
- Native American Home Pages
- Homework Links: Indian Tribes/Native Peoples | South Plainfield Public Library
- American Indian Quotes
- Native American Wisdom, Sayings, Quotes, Philosophy
- Native American Quotes & Proverbs
- Information on Native Americans: FAQ for Kids
- American Indians of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean
- Maya, Aztec & Inca
- Web Sites Related to the Inca, the Aztecs & the Maya
- Hands Around The World
Native American Indian Cultures -- Mexico South America
- Indian Legends
- Native American Cultures
- Native American History and Culture
- WWWVL American Indians Government Resources
- AAA Native Arts: American Indians of the U. S. & Canada
- Tribal Community Links
- The Constitution of the Iroquois Nations
- NativeWeb | Native News from Around the World
- Native American Resources
- CWIS: Center for World Indigenous Studies
THE LEGACY OF GRAND CHIEF GEORGE MANUEL | Co-founder of CWIS
"Neither Left nor Right, we must find our own path as the Fourth World"
- WWW Virtual Library - American Indians
Index of Native American Resources
- "The People's
Paths Home Page!" | North American Indian Historical Sites
- National Museum of the American Indian
- National Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian Institution - George Gustav Heye Center
A museum about the history and culture of the native peoples of the Americas
- Laws & Constitutions
sovereignty in the United States | Wikipeida
- Basic Indian Law Research Tips - Part I: Federal Indian Law
2008 by David Selden, Monica Martens -- PDF File
- Researching American Indian Law | UMKC School of Law
- Native American Law Research Guide | Georgetown Law Library
This guide includes a selection of legal, governmental, and public policy resources in various formats on Native American law.
- American Indian Law | Legal Information Institute - Cornell Law School
- Federal Indian Law | Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law - Arizona State University
- Statutes of the United States Concerning Native Americans | The Avalon Project
Lillian Goldman Law Library - Yale Law School
- Native American Legal Resources Guide | Connecticut State Library
- Native American Law & Legal Sources | University of Wisconsin Law Library
An introduction to legal materials available at the UW Law Library on Native Americans and other native peoples of the US, such as Native Alaskans and Hawaiians. Includes treaties, statutes, executive orders, court decisions, and administrative actions.
- Native American Indian Law Research Guide | Eckstein Law Library - Marquette University Law School
This guide provides an overview of selected Native American Indian law materials available at the Marquette University Eckstein Law Library and selected online materials pertaining to Native American Indian law.
- Native American Law | McGrath North Mullin and Kratz Legal Research Center
Last updated: May 16, 2014
- Native American Law Guide: Federal Indian Law & Tribal Law Materials
Hugh and Hazel Darling Law Library - UCLA School of Law
Covers both tribal law sources, including tribal constitutions, tribal codes and tribal court decisions, and federal law sources, including treaties.
- American Indian Laws & Policies | Family Search
- Native American Constitution and Law Digitization Project
Constitutions and codes are provided for research only. For official documents please contact the tribe.
- National Indian Law Library
The National Indian Law Library (NILL) of the Native American Rights Fund (NARF) was founded in 1972 as a public law library devoted to federal Indian and tribal law.